I just got a lovely email from a teacher who found my page on cross-stitch useful!! Since I am outmoding my philafleur website, I decided to move the content over to the blog and have placed it below. Additionally, her class discovered a new resource which has been added to the list below.
I love to cross-stitch and embroider things. The best thing is that you can do this on the subway. Predominantly, I do counted cross-stitch but I also know needlepoint, crewel, and other embroidery stitches. This is a collection of links that are useful for those who like to play with needles and thread.
Instructions and Organizations
- http://crossstitch.about.com/ – About.com instructions for cross-stitch
- http://webstitch.designwest.com/needle_stitch.html – Instructions for stitching and embroidery
- http://www.thecrossstitchguild.com/ – The Cross-stitch Guild
- http://www.topcrossstitchsites.com/ – The top 100 cross-stitch related websites.
- http://www.dmc-usa.com – DMC, the foremost cross-stitch supply company. They’re the standard for color guides. Their site has free patterns and instructions.
- http://users.rcn.com/kdyer.dnai/ – Patterns, instructions, free charts. Also features a fabric calculator to gauge the size and requirements of a project.
- http://www.dimensions-crafts.com/ – A maker of kits for all the following types of needlework.
Charts and Supplies
- http://www.juliesxstitch.com/ – Julie’s Cross-Stitch
- http://www.darklilac.com – Dark Lilac Counted cross stitch, paint-by-numbers, stamped cross stitch, yarn, needlework, scrapbooking
- http://www.coatsandclark.com/ – Supplies and patterns
- http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/ – Off-color samplers featuring profanity. For the irreverent stitcher.
- http://www.123stitch.com/ – Traditional and cutesy kits and supplies
- http://www.cross-stitching.com/ – Charts and supplies
- http://www.cross-stitch.ca/ – An extensive catalogue of kits and supplies
- http://www.birdcrossstitch.com/ – Patterns featuring birds and related motifs
- http://www.maurer-stroh.com/index.htm – Traditional patters
- http://www.artecy.com/ – Patterns available via download for members
- http://www.crossstitchwonders.com/ – Highly detailed scenes from nature and wildlife
- http://www.abc-cross-stitch-patterns.com/ – Patterns
- http://www.celticxstitch.ie/ – Celtic designs
- Cross Stitch Collectibles – Fine art cross-stitch patterns
- Mystic Stitch – Patterns
- http://www.cross-stitch-art.com/ – Patterns
- http://www.art-stitch.com/ – Patterns
- Woolworks NeedlePoint, 971A Lexington Avenue (74th Street), New York, NY
- http://needlepoint.about.com/ – About needlepoint
- http://www.needlepoint.org/ – American needlepoint guild
- LACIS – supplies for embroidery and needlepoint
- http://www.stitching.com/npg/ – Guide to needlepoint
- Royal Gallery of Needlework – needlework kits and supplies
- Erhman Tapestry – needlework kits and supplies
- FAHS – needlework designs
- http://shop.thecrewelgobelin.webcentral.com.au/ – Crewel supplies and patterns
- http://www.embroiderersguild.com/stitch/projects/crewel/crewel.html – More crewel patterns and instructions
- http://www.allstitchedup.com/crewelembroidery/Crewel kits